Student Government Graduate Assistant
The Office of the Student Government serves the Student Government (SG) executive officers, student senators, student cabinet members, Freshman Council, Elections Commission, Constitutional Council and the Graduate Student Association. Our focus is to provide student leaders with personal and professional support, assist leaders in identifying the purpose and goals of the organization, develop and present training which contributes to effective group functioning, assist with planning and implementation of programs, and maintaining records and important documents relative to the group. Within the educational role, staff engage in informing, teaching, coaching, consulting, collaborating, facilitating, and evaluation. The graduate assistantship/internship is a 20-hour week opportunity that includes some nights and weekends. Work space is designated in the Russell House University Union, Student Government Suite.
· Serve as a resource for all students
· Assist with the daily activities of the Office of Student Government, including website updates, event coordination on behalf of the student government executive officers and appointed leaders.
· Provide guidance to Student Government officials concerning University Policies and Procedures
Student Government Scholarships
· Promote scholarship opportunities on website and through social media.
· Coordinate collection of scholarship applications.
· Work with student committee to select winner of each scholarship.
· Oversee scholarship awards at annual Awards Day.
· Work closely with Senate Clerk to format legislation, maintain log book, and update SG website on voting records and legislation as needed.
· Support historian in creating and preserving legislation in SG archives as well as university archives.
· Attend weekly senate meetings and committee meetings as necessary.
· Assist the Secretary of University Relations on the recruitment and training of University Committee members.
· Assist with Elections Commission recruitment, training, and operations during the elections season.
· Work with Elections Commission to promote Student Body Elections.
· Assist Elections Commission members with campaigning and the violation process.
· Assist with planning the Candidate Debate and Inauguration.
· Attend weekly Cabinet meetings as needed.
· Assist cabinet members with the planning of student government events