2019 Nestlé Sales Internship
Food people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you are driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé USA is the place for you. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our goal is to continue to provide more nutritious foods, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact. Joining Nestlé means you can make an impact on an enormous scale.
Let's challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. We need to grow as a company and bring an intensity to our work that puts our competitors on notice. We must work as one team under one Nestlé brand, leading innovation across the organization, and empowering our employees to succeed in the workplace and beyond. We’ll win — and we’ll do it the right way.
If you're a current undergraduate student and ready to take the next step toward pursuing your career, discover how Nestlé USA is transforming beyond confections and embracing our entrepreneurial culture & redefining our ways of winning. Are you ready to make your impact?
What to expect:
At Nestlé, we offer a 10 week paid internship in our sales division. The Sales internship is an introduction to help you determine if a career in sales is the right fit for you. The internship feeds directly into our full-time Nestlé Sales Development Program (NSDP). Participants may receive a full-time offer to join the Nestlé Sales Organization following the completion of the internship.
Interns will have the opportunity to develop knowledge, awareness and understanding of the Consumer Products and Food industries; identify opportunities for current business challenges; learn and practice selling skills as a member of a team; and have an impact on real processes and business needs. As a member of our customer and/or category teams, interns participate in key sales activities throughout their field experience with direct instruction from Nestlé USA leaders.
During the internship, participants will focus on special projects that deliver results against our immediate and future business needs. These findings will culminate with a presentation to senior leaders in the Nestlé Sales Organization (NSO).
This opportunity is located in our Rogers, Arkansas or Cincinnati, Ohio locations.
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Sales Management, Data or Business Analytics
· Degree conferred by June 2020
· Preferred Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
· Previous sales experience preferred
· Leadership in an extra-curricular activity or organization
· Previous Sales Co-Op/internship or other practical experience in a CPG industry
· Ability to relocate to Rogers, Arkansas and/or Cincinnati, Ohio for the full-time, 10 week duration of the internship across summer 2019
· Willingness to relocate in the future if extended a full-time opportunity
· Willing to generate enthusiasm and excitement for our products
Knowledge & Skills
· Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Possess excellent analytical skills and ability to utilize basic Excel functions
· Must show initiative, responsibility, and leadership potential
· Able to create comprehensive presentations in PowerPoint
· Organized with exceptional attention to detail to ensure accuracy
· Comfortable working in a team setting
· Exceptional ability to embrace change and learn quickly in a fast-paced, complex environment
· Ability to demonstrate initiative and leadership potential
· Potential opportunity for full-time employment based on performance in the role
· Exposure to a dynamic and friendly work environment
· Opportunity to network with various divisions and employees across the company
· Work with an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods (Fortune Magazine)
· Volunteer in a community service opportunity with one of Nestlé’s Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Boys & Girls Club of America & Nestlé Adopt-A-School Program)
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment.