Eaton Leadership Development Program: Technical Sales
We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
What sets our Early Talent Programs apart:
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of roles throughout the program. The majority of participants will work in multiple locations and businesses.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
As a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion, Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. We have approximately 95,000 employees across the world, and sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.
The Technical Sales Leadership Development Program is a one-year leadership development program within Eaton’s Electrical Sector which incorporates field sales training with challenging product, sales and leadership training. Participants will be assigned to a U.S. Eaton sales office where they will learn to sell electrical products, solutions and value to distributors, contractors, consultants and end customers.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Currently possesses, or will have obtained a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a graduation date no later than August 2019
- Minimum of one internship or co-op experience completed at the time of this application
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please do not round)
- Possesses and maintains a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Development Program
- Engineering, business administration, or marketing degree
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 2 or more relevant Internships or Co-op experiences
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or community
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to speak second language
- This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the Technical Sales assignment manager.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.