Production Management Development Associate (Manufacturing Leadership)
Manufacturing is the core of our business—producing the products that pets love and people trust is no small feat. We’ve been around for a while, we’ve revolutionized and refined the process but we continue to dare ourselves to ask “What’s next?”.
Joining Nestlé Purina as a Production Management Development Associate at the entry-level means joining our factory family to play a key role in managing the people, the production floor and the entire path to high-quality pet food production. You’ll experience information systems, quality assurance, supply chain, accounting and human resources, R&D engineering, engineering management and operations performance to understand how each of these areas interact with the production management work that you’ll do. Following your experiential training, you’ll oversee all aspects that touch and affect the production line – the epicenter of our factories.
Why a manufacturing leadership developmental role with us versus somewhere else? Taking the production path as a Management Development Associate is a full-time, entry-level position that’s a fast track to management on the manufacturing side of our business. You’re the future leader of our business.
- Discover a variety of the field concepts, practices and procedures that will allow you to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish your goals
- Practice superior personal safety and be an example to the organization in terms of employee safety and protection of company assets
- Supervise and coordinate the execution of production schedules
- Ensure the flow of materials, parts and resources necessary for plant-wide production
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, including management of employees. Plan methods to improve efficiency in production and be assigned production improvement tasks
- Maintain compliance with approved methods and quality standards
- Develop leadership skills and experience
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Must be open to relocation to one or more of our 21 production facilities across the U.S.
- B. S. in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business Management, or related field; or expected to attain by December 2019
Preferred: Prior co-op or practicum experience; manufacturing experience; student organization or other leadership experience
Note: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States in order to qualify for one of these positions.
Davenport, IA; Crete, NE
To our veterans and separated service members—you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you’ll consider sharing in our mission—you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.