Legal Intern - Summer 2019
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We are looking for a summer intern to assist members of Vimeo’s Legal Department, which is responsible for: providing legal and strategic advice to the company and its subsidiaries, corporate governance, drafting and negotiating contracts with third parties, managing Vimeo’s legal compliance programs, litigation, intellectual property, privacy, and regulatory and government affairs. The summer intern will work primarily with attorneys who are responsible for business transactions and privacy.
What you’ll do:
Among other things, the summer intern will be expected to:
- Research legal issues and draft memoranda
- Assist with the drafting of certain contracts or contract templates
- Spearhead at least one designated legal/compliance project
- Assist with pro bono work
What we’re seeking:
- Students enrolled as 1L or 2L at an ABA-accredited law school
- Strong academic credentials and excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as exceptional research skills
- An interest in practicing in a corporate/in-house environment, particularly one involving technology or the Internet
- Initiative and ability to work in a self-directed manner as well as a member of a team
This is a paid internship. Because we do not hire new attorneys each year, we cannot commit to any post-graduation placement.
While we offer competitive compensation, we don't provide accommodation. Please ensure you are interested in an internship in New York City under these circumstances before applying.
Creativity and diversity are at the center of the Vimeo universe. To make sure our culture and products reflect those values, we’re committed to building an actively inclusive environment for human beings of every age, race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, veteran status, national origin, and ancestry. At Vimeo, diverse backgrounds, refreshing perspectives, and open hearts are all welcome. If you like the sound of that, come work with us.