Information Center Attendant Spring 2019
Russell House Operations is a service-oriented unit responsible for the daily operations of Russell House facilities, including the Information Center. The Operations unit ensures the proper use of the union, the safety and well-being of union patrons, and compliance with University policies and procedures.
The Information Center Attendant provides accurate information to members of the Carolina Community concerning events, activities, and services offered by the University. In addition, the staff operates the following services: lost and found, printing, faxing, and ticket sales. Compensation for the Information Center Attendant is $ 8.25/hr. Evening and weekend work is required and applicant must be a full-time student in good academic standing. Federal Work study is available for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Disseminate up-to-date and accurate information concerning campus events, activities, and services. Exhibit general knowledge of USC and the Department of Student Life.
- Perform duties related to providing the following Information Center services: lost and found,printing, faxing, and ticket sales.
- Approve or disapprove material to be placed on the bulletin boards. Use the Russell House University Union stamp to mark all approved material.
- Relay instructions and information to the Building Attendants and full-time staff members as needed.
- Attend required training sessions and staff meetings.
- Answer telephones and greet visitors promptly and with a friendly, professional manner. Answer questions, transfer calls, or take messages as required.
- Monitor lobby areas to ensure proper placement of furniture and equipment.
- Exhibit sensitivity to situations with visitors that may require further assistance from staff.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Information Desk Manager and professional staff.
Information Desk Manager, Operations and Events Coordinators, Associate Director for Operations
Must be a full-time student in good academic standing.
Must be able to work evening and weekend shifts, course schedule permitting.
Must provide a "Week at a Glance" course schedule for current/upcoming semester.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions for qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.