Internship - Marketing Strategy and Operations - Summer 2019
LendingTree’s Summer Internship Program:
Our former Summer Interns will tell you, LendingTree’s Internship Program is selective, challenging and structured to push the limits of what they thought they could do - and they wouldn’t want it any other way. Are there easier ways to spend the summer? Of course. But a LendingTree Internship will help you land a great job once you graduate – maybe even with LendingTree. Here’s what you can expect:
- Real work. If you’re getting coffee at LendingTree its because you want a cup for yourself! You’ll be doing professional level work that will have a real impact on the business. You’ll be a critical member of your team.
- Training. Sure you’ll learn a ton as you contribute to your team but you’ll also go through specific training on: creating a great resume and LinkedIn profile, getting interviews and nailing them, how to give a great presentation and more.
- You’re not alone. You’ll be assigned a Mentor outside of your department who will guide you and mentor you throughout the summer.
- End of summer presentation. At the end of the summer every Intern will make a PPT presentation to Executives that will include a summary of what you accomplished, what you learned and 2 things that will either make the company money or save the company money.
- Produce and optimize process for weekly production of performance updates, including, but not limited to:
- Put together and distribute the base deck
- QA of data and content
- Streamline format
- Increase end-to-end production process efficiency
- Consume and understand content
- Distribute final deck to marketing team
- Assist with product marketing function for LendingTree’s mobile app
- Assist with ad-hoc projects (e.g., researching a new concept, deep dives, teardowns, attribution, URL reconstruction)
- Navigate and communicate across matrixed organization structure to coordinate and manage work products that span the entire marketing organization
- Create, automate and improve dashboards to drive better business performance
- Design and execute summer intern project
What you can learn:
- How a marketing organization works from the inside (e.g., constituent channels, roles, processes, how an organization is managed)
- Structured, data-driven, logic-based analytical thinking
- How to work with data
- Technical skillset
- Interact with some of the best online marketing professionals around, and learn the job functions and backgrounds of various colleagues and job roles
- Professional communication
- Very bright (3.7+ GPA required) undergrad student who will be between their Junior and Senior years or grad student between years 1 and 2 (GPA must be listed on your resume to be considered)
- Marketing major, but other majors may be considered
- Some experience with SQL or another programming language
- An extraordinary appetite for both guided and self-driven learning, and meticulous attention to detail
- Working knowledge of or strong interest in Tableau
- Working experience with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint)
- We’re making a real difference in the financial lives of consumers. The work you’ll do here matters
- Chance to work with top professionals that previously worked for other leading technology companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft and LinkedIn
- Unique entrepreneurial environment filled with flip-flops, t-shirts and people that take their job seriously. We’re a start-up company in publicly traded suit. Read: we have a lot of fun and can afford the grown-up toys
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name. We’ve now expanded to be the leading online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans, insurance and business loans. Millions of customers engage with us through the My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place!
Each team member is asked to challenge the status quo, express their opinions, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our aggressive goals. We also have a lot of fun together! We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy, results-driven Superheros to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.