Guest Service Representative
About this Job
A guest service representative is responsible for attending to the needs of guests, especially during check-in and check-out.
• Providing information to guests about hotel policies, services and amenities.
• Responding to requests from guests for assistance and information about the local area (e.g. directions, places to eat).
• Selling rooms to “walk-in” customers.
• Entering/changing reservation information on the computer system.
• Posting charges to guest accounts.
• Processing payments from guests.
• Making necessary corrections to guest accounts.
• Informing housekeeping department about room status/availability.
• Listening and responding to guests’ requests or complaints.
• Operating hotel switchboard or PBX.
• Cleaning the front desk area.
• Maintaining daily logs.
• Balancing shift work and cash drawers.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status.
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
About Hilton Columbia Center
TripAdvisor Hall of Fame for outstanding reviews 6 years in a row
Experience the intimate and upscale Hilton Columbia Center hotel in Columbia South Carolina, ideally located in the center of the financial, entertainment and historic district. Elegant in atmosphere and striking in detail, the Hilton Columbia Center is the ideal setting for business and leisure travelers. Located close to University of South Carolina, South Carolina State Museum, Columbia Riverfront Park, the Vista, and adjacent to the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center. The graceful combination of historical architectural elements with modern facilities and chic design is apparent throughout the hotel.