Marketing MBA Internship
Unum and Colonial Life are looking for a few talented MBA students for the Summer 2019! The role is an internal marketing consultant to our business segments, working closely with our dedicated strategy teams and specialist functions. In this role, you will develop, lead and implement effective marketing programs that deliver on business priorities. You will need to bring strong strategic thinking to the table and work cross-functionally with business partners, senior leadership, and creative teams to deliver integrated, multi-channel campaigns that drive growth and impact for Colonial Life or Unum.
Responsibilities and Highlights
- Develop and implement one or more strategic marketing proposals for a broad range of audiences, illustrating the opportunity and painting the strategic direction.
- Share vision with senior executives to garner support and inspire the marketing team to deliver results.
- Distill and leverage a broad range of viewpoints and opinions into a productive path forward.
- Build and deploy a comprehensive engagement plan to move target markets into action through a multi-touch approach. Identify the marketing touch points, the message at each touchpoint, and the call to action at each stage.
- Collect feedback and stay in-sync with the challenges and the opportunities throughout program.
- Participate in an internship where your fresh, outside perspective will be valued.
- Have access to frequent networking opportunities with senior leaders.
- Enrolled in a top MBA Marketing program; prior marketing experience preferred
- Self-starter with a healthy degree of initiative, ideally entrepreneurs motivated to make a difference in an established company
- Skilled at taking an ambiguous opportunity and making it tangible
- Strong collaborator with business partners and marketing agile teams
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines without losing sight of the creative and strategic components
- Cultivate valuable relationships with business partners – own the business as if it were your own - establish credibility and trust with the ability to stand behind and deliver marketing strategies that deliver on business objectives