Associate Producer, MLB - Part-Time
Works with Producers and members of the Programming team to create superior radio programs for MLB Network Radio. Supports creative processes, content development and production. Exercises both creative abilities and technical skills. May edit materials and operate an audio board on occasion. May be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of content for shows.
- Collaborates in the production of programs, promos and specials.
- Identifies and submits show ideas and topics.
- Researches topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for hosts.
- Develops novel and creative ways to present content.
- Attends creative meetings, and contributes to the selection of program content.
- Makes recommendations to Producers and management on program improvements.
- Works with programming team to identify and select celebrity, expert and lifestyle guests.
- Arranges guest bookings.
- Researches guest backgrounds, develops interview questions and assists with pre-interviews.
- Obtains audio materials needed for production.
- Assists with scheduling program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed.
- May independently produce segments of large programs.
- Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
- Determines the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
- Dubs sound from a variety of sources (e.g., CD, DAT, LP, VHS, etc.).
- Enters clip information, music and non-music elements into audio software.
- Loads and deletes clips, and rips and edits promos and spots.
- Monitors and posts on social media accounts associated with the channel.
- Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Ensures that sound equipment is functioning properly during shows.
- Works with talent and producers on following programming clocks so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
- Reviews work products with supervisor.
- Monitors assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
- Edits audio (e.g., inserts additional clips, sound bites, etc.).
- Maintains database of program content for archival use.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- May be required to fill in for producers on occasion.
- Maintains working relationships with major publicists, political figures, entertainment companies, and industry contacts who will be active in pursuing placement of guests on SiriusXM's programs and provide show content.
- May lead the work of production assistants, board operators and interns.
- Coordinates special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience at a radio station or audio production facility.
- Must have working knowledge of MLB.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills for radio.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Strong interest in current events and pop culture, as related to assigned channels / programs.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Proficiency in: Microsoft Office, Prophet, SAW, SoundForge, Music Master, Pro Tools, Cool Edit and Adobe Audition.
- Social media skills, including, but not limited to: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.
- Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
- Operating an audio board.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice