TTE - Public Transportation Engineering and Planning Lead
Would you thrive in a leadership role focused on collaboration and innovation? Are you an experienced engineer or technical expert with interest in multimodal transportation? Washington State Department of Transportation's Public Transportation Division is seeking candidates to lead our engineering and planning work unit. This position focuses on public transportation, which includes work on transit, mobility as a service, sustainability, active transportation, human services transportation, equity, safety, transportation demand management, and transportation system performance. The person in this position will lead multimodal, multidisciplinary and multiagency teams that update engineering policies, technical practices and plans and ensure their widespread use. We are seeking a highly motivated supervisor who thrives on bringing technical innovation to the real world, collaboration and turning data, analysis, research and community input into action.
If you want to make a sizeable and lasting contribution to the betterment of our state we encourage you to apply today.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video: Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
- Lead development and widespread implementation of engineering policy related to public transportation.
- Organize and facilitate cross-functional and multiagency teams that develop and institute multimodal, multidisciplinary transportation solutions.
- Develop and provide procedures, technical standards, processes, tools, training and engagement to increase the use of multimodal transportation solutions in communities statewide.
- Serve as a technical expert in the areas of transit, pedestrian, bicycle, human services transportation, rural transportation, tribal transportation, land use, parking, and other transportation modes.
- Direct and support statewide planning.
A candidate for this position must possess:
- At least one year as a Transportation Engineer 4 or equivalent type/level of experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering roadway, transit, human services, transportation demand management and/or active transportation projects.
- Demonstrated experience working with federal, state, regional and/or local agencies.
- Demonstrated experience developing technical policy.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams.
An ideal candidate for this position will also possess:
- Master's Degree in the field of Transportation Planning, Engineering or Environmental Sciences.
Contact us: For inquiries about this position, please contact Eirik Landes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference recruitment number 19DOT-HQ-04634-1.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter. WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/.