Building Operations Attendant
About this Job
Russell House Operations is a service-oriented unit responsible for the daily operations of Russell House facilities, including event setups, bulletin boards, theater operations, and general monitoring of the building and grounds. The Operations unit ensures the proper use of the union, the safety and well-being of union patrons, and compliance with University policies and procedures.
The Building Operations Attendant performs various duties related to providing proper reserved space setups and monitoring appropriate usage of the facility. Compensation for Building Operations Attendants is $8.50/hour. Evening and weekend work is required and applicant must be a full-time student in good academic standing. This position is eligible for Work Study.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform setups for Russell House events, including events at Greene St., Davis Field, Rutledge Chapel, and the Gressette Room, as prescribed by daily setup plan.
· Track each stage of an event using the daily setup sheets.
· As events end, turn off lights, lock doors, and return equipment to its proper storage area. Report any damages and additional cleaning needed to Building Operations Manager/professional staff on duty.
· Unlock meeting spaces prior to start time. Lock meeting spaces following scheduled end time.
· Conduct hourly building checks for irregularities, maintenance issues, and/or property damage. Take corrective actions where possible and report findings to Building Operations Manager/professional staff on duty.
· Monitor lounge areas to ensure proper placement of furniture and equipment.
· Monitor bulletin boards throughout Russell House, including posting approved material and removal of any expired or unapproved material.
· Ensure the facilities are free of debris/trash, including picking up trash, newspapers, etc.
· Conduct inventory of rooms and equipment as prescribed by inventory plan.
· Attend all training sessions and all monthly staff meetings.
· Provide customer service to ensure all clients' needs are met prior to, during, and after events/meetings.
· Perform other tasks as assigned by Building Operations Managers and professional staff.
Building Operations Managers, Operations and Events Coordinators, Associate Director for Operations.
Must be a full-time student in good academic standing.
Must be able to work evening and weekend shifts, course schedule permitting.
Must be able to perform moderately heavy physical duties, including lifting up to 50 lbs. and setting up equipment outdoors.
Must provide a "Week at a Glance" course schedule for current/upcoming semester.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions for qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.