Cigna Network Academy (Provider Contracting)
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you’re looking for a challenging, ever-changing career, you’ve come to the right place. Cigna Network Academy instills professional development and growth in provider contracting among early-career employees.
Our training program will provide you with an in-depth understanding of what it takes to succeed in Healthcare network development and provider (i.e. physicians and hospitals) contracting.
Throughout this multi-week program, your classroom is integrated with training, structured field contracting, mentoring, and coaching. Upon completion, you will have the necessary tools to combat the versatility of Healthcare, understand the complexities, and experience a fulfilling career.
What you will do
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships. Within your assigned market, you’ll be expected to cultivate relationships with providers, both current and prospective. You will build and maintain relationships that nurture provider partnerships to support the local market strategy.
- Understand the interrelationships and competitive landscape of the providers in your geographic area, including Cigna's network solutions.
- Understand the dynamics of provider networks. Support strategic positioning for provider contracting, assist in the development of networks and help to identify opportunities for greater value-orientation.
- Participate in contract negotiations. Negotiate contracts for physicians.
- Be a team player. Work closely with a variety of internal and external individuals to accomplish your goals, including your Manager, Claims Operations, Medical Management, Provider Credentialing, Legal, Medical Economics, Compliance, Sales, Marketing and Provider Relations.
- Senior in a Baccalaureate Program, graduating no later than May 2020 or a Bachelor’s degree with no more than 3 years of work experience post-graduation.
- Preferred majors and/or minors: Business, Risk Management, Economics, Finance, or Accounting
- Prefer cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Highly motivated, confident, energetic, and positive attitude
- Strong communication and presentation skills, along with listening ability
- Strong analytic skills and financial acumen
- Willing and able to relocate to another territory in the US
- Effective critical thinking, problem-solving and influencing skills
- Exceptional work ethic, willing and eager to succeed – a proven self-starter
- A high degree of honesty and integrity
- Ability to work successfully in teams and in leadership positions
- Goal-oriented and career-minded
- Exceptional customer service standards and delivery
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize projects and to handle multiple demands simultaneously
- Multilingual language skills are highly desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Job Locations: Richmond, VA
This position is NOT eligible for visa sponsorship by the Company, and therefore is open only to individuals who are eligible for employment in the United States and who would not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.