Content Team Intern
Worldreader seeks to strategically increase and improve the quality of its rich content library with the support of a content team intern who will work directly with several members of the content team. Worldreader, a global edtech non-governmental organization, believes readers build a better world. As such, it provides digital reading solutions to marginalized and vulnerable communities in the Global North and South and uses its rich content library to drive reading acquisition and retention at scale.
This remote position is based anywhere in the U.S.
Scope of Work
Worldreader seeks an intern to work independently on two key projects:
- Improve and expand our bi-lingual title selection by screening and selecting new open-source titles that adhere to our quality and other content tenets. The candidate will manage the ingestion of this new content including ensuring that each new title had complete and accurate metadata.
- Conduct a landscape review of potential partners that Worldreader could partner with for co-creation and co-ownership of content.
Worldreader aims to provide its interns with real-life working experience involving collaboration on multiple projects with different teams and shifting priorities. Therefore as part of the internship, candidates will also assist with day-to-day content acquisition and content production tasks.
The intern will engage with Worldreader’s Senior Director of Publishing and Innovation as a primary point of contact but will also interact with the broader content team.
Worldreader seeks a Content Team intern for a period of up to 4 months.
- A list of high-quality bilingual, open-source content sources/potential partners with contact information, description of the type of content (languages, themes, quality rating, etc.)
- 10 new titles (each with Spanish and English versions) for the Worldreader library, secured from open source partners.
- A list of partners who are interested in creating content for or with Worldreader
- University student
- Commitment to time frame
- Ability to work effectively in a remote work environment
- Knowledge of publishing space
- Advanced Excel skills a plus
- Fluent Spanish
Interns will benefit from the opportunity in the following ways:
- Support Worldreader’s efforts to bring digital reading to vulnerable communities
- Stipend provided at the end of the internship
- Collaborate with a passionate global team
- Learn about international development and the nonprofit education sector
- Give a culminating experience presentation to a group of Worldreader global leaders
- Build your professional network
- Gain valuable resume-building experience