Property Damage Representatives - Claims
"You work for NJM? That's a great company!" If you're hired at NJM, you'll hear it over and over again from friends, family and neighbors. Why? Because NJM is committed to providing its customers with superior service, and great service goes a long way. Why else is NJM called a great company? Because our employees enjoy working here, are appreciated, and are provided with a great benefits plan. Employees who are hired at NJM often stay at NJM – many for the duration of their careers.
At NJM Insurance Group (NJM), a top-rated insurance company, our General Claims department in Parsippany, NJ is looking for a Property Damage Representative candidate who has excellent communication skills as well as strong organizational and time management skills. We are looking for talent with and without prior experience in the insurance industry.
- Appropriately handle, settle and close property damage claims by bringing a prompt and amicable resolution
- Verify coverage, open claims, contact parties involved
- Verify and investigate information presented by first and third party claimants
- Schedule appraisals or repair facilities, assess related damage
- Contact witnesses, police departments, attorneys or other insurance companies
- Claims are settled and negotiated based on company guidelines and applicable law
- Customer service experience required
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Knowledge of Claims or Personal Lines area are a plus
- Multi-tasking, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Technical aptitude, including a working knowledge with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage time effectively
- Ability to think critically, use resources and seek answers
NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.