Consultant, Developer/Programmer - Columbia, SC
We encourage you to apply online here Capgemini 2022 Consultant Application (google.com). All you need is a Gmail account!
● We are global. With more than 290,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 50 countries.
● We are results-oriented. A global leader in consulting, digital transformation, and engineering services, The Group reported 2020 global revenues of EUR 16 billion.
● We live our core values. Capgemini offers a professional, entrepreneurial environment that encourages collaborative individuals who embody the firm’s seven core-company values (Honesty, Trust, Freedom, Modesty, Boldness, Team Spirit, and Fun) – which you will experience throughout your onboarding and career at Capgemini.
● We invest in our people. Capgemini helps each new consultant hit the ground running with a fun and impactful two-week Campus Onboarding Experience, which focuses on fostering a sense of community and preparing you to serve your clients. During onboarding, you will learn about Capgemini’s culture, navigating internal tools, project specific and client-serving skills, team building, and delivery standards that will set the foundation for your success as a Capgemini-quality Consultant.
● We are award winning. Capgemini is proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work®. This certification is a testament to the employee experience and the great workplace culture we've built. In addition, our Campus Onboarding Experience has been named the winner of a Gold Stevie® Award in the New Hire Training category. The Stevie Awards for Great Employers recognize the world’s best employers and the human resources professionals, teams, achievements and HR-related products and suppliers who help to create and drive great places to work. Check out our page on Great Place to Work here and more information on 2021 Stevie® Awards for Great Employers here.
What can you expect in a career with Capgemini?
● Growth: Throughout your experience at Capgemini you will have multiple opportunities for growth both personally and professionally. During your first year, you will be a part of the CapXP program. This first-year experience program is designed for you to have mentorship and guidance while you are kick-starting your career at Capgemini. Within North America, we have a Learning, Talent, and Culture (LTC) Team and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), and Talent Development Team that will help you flourish throughout your career.
● Collaboration: Capgemini prides itself on being a collaborative organization. The majority of our projects are team-centric. You will work alongside technical, functional, and industry specialists to assist with the development, implementation, integration, and management of innovative solutions using a variety of methods, techniques, and tools.
● Exposure: Capgemini has a footprint in a variety of industries including Telecommunications, Media and Technology, Consumer Products, Retail and Distribution, Energy, Utilities and Chemicals, Manufacturing, Automotive, Life Sciences, and Services. As a consultant, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure and work on projects across industries.
● Guidance: Your network at Capgemini begins the day you apply to the organization. You will be introduced to a variety of key stakeholders throughout your onboarding experience. These individuals will guide you throughout your career.
● Community: While Capgemini is a global company, we create communities whether that is virtual, in the office or at a client site. When you join, you are introduced to your first Capgemini community through the two-week onboarding program.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal Capgemini consultant possesses the following qualities:
● Interest in working with technology to design, quality check, and manage various solutions and advancements for our clients
● Excellent communication skills
● Eager and desire to learn new things in a rapid-fast paced and variety-seeking environment
● Analytical and problem solver
● Desire to work in a culturally diverse, team-based environment
● Overall resilient, flexible, and enthusiastic personality
What will be my first role?
Our informal motto is “it depends”. Similar to how you work in different industries, you make have different roles with each project too. Below is a brief description of the role(s) you may fill:
· Project Management Officer: Tracking key information (progress, budgeting, scheduling, etc.) to ensure project and client work is running smoothly
· Business Analyst: Meeting with client to gather requirements, writing user stories, analyzing data, and working with technical team to create a solution
· Testing Analyst: Testing software and using quality assurance methods to ensure the solution is properly meeting the client’s requirements
· Developer/Programmer: Writing and reviewing code, programming, and software development, fixing bugs, testing and quality assurance, interpreting architecture and design, etc.
· Scrum Masters: Implementing agile methodology to allow teams to collaborate and work together to build an effective solution for your client
· Data Analyst: Analyzing data provided by the client, creating insights, and providing recommendations that are based on data-driven decision making
What are the required skills and experience?
● A Bachelor's degree
● A minimum GPA of 3.3 of 4.0
● Baseline skills in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Functional Architecture Design & Project Financials, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) & Reporting
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Exceptional performance in these majors or concentrations:
· Technology: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Data Science
· Business: Finance, Supply Chain, Digital Leadership
· Engineering: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering
Skills and experience in these areas:
· Functional Skills: System Analysis, Business Analytics (such as Power BI), Project Management, Testing, Technical and/or Creative Writing, Workshop Facilitation, HR Process Knowledge, SharePoint, Office365, Dynamics
Is Capgemini right for you?
Review the questions below to decide if Capgemini is right for you:
● Do you possess a desire to work in a technology-focused environment with a multitude of well-known clients?
● Do you possess excellent communication skills and the courage and motivation to become a future leader within Capgemini?
● Are you flexible, possessing the desire to continuously learn new things in various environments?
● Are you a creative team player who would be interested in working with talented people from all over the world?
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer
● Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
● This is a general description of the duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory, or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.